This is a typical day but it’s not exactly the same each day but along the same lines.
Wake up: 2 Cups water with lemon or 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
9am: 2-4 Cups fresh vegetable juice(basic juice carrots, celery, cucumber), if running late will drink , ginger tea, kombucha or eat a big bowl of fruit
11am: Green Smoothie (various types, but this is the basic one I started with)
- 2-3 C water
- 3 bananas
- large handful of kale (any leafy green is fine, kale, chard, spinach, watercress, beet greens etc.)
- 1/2-1 avocado
- 1 apple
- 1/2 c blueberries
- handful of ice
- Large handful greens (romaine, kale, spinach etc.
- Veggies (carrots, radish, broccoli, celery)
- 1/2 avocado
- Small handful of nuts or seeds (almonds, sesame seed)
- Sprouts (alfalfa, mung bean, sunflower, lentils etc)
- Dressing (tsp braggs liquid amino, olive oil, apple cider vinegar)
7pm: Dinner (usually one of the below)
- Soup with veggies, beans,onions, mushrooms, sweet potato, broccoli, celery, zucchini, garlic etc.
- Salad with lots of veggies.
- Rice with lots of veggies.
*All greens are organic and all fruits except hard skin produce (banana’s, oranges,avocado etc), are organic.
* Drink filtered water throughout day (50% of bodyweight in ounces + extra if exercising)
* In between meals drink water and Kombucha
*Post workout smoothie or pre-race (ironman or spartan race), hike or other outdoor activity
High Fat Smoothie: Blend all ingredients in a high powered blender (I have a vitamix)
- 1/2 c coconut or almond milk & 1/2 C chocolate almond milk
- 1 c water
- 2 tbl sunflower seeds
- 1/2 avocado
- 3 brazil nuts
- 1 tbl chia seeds
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp cacao nibs (optional)
- 1 tbl coconut oil
- 1 tbl raw almond butter (optional)
- 3 tbl walnuts
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- small handful raw almonds
- 2-3 tbl sunwarrior raw vegan protein powder or raw hemp protein powder (optional)
- 1 tbl raw honey
- 4 ice cubes
* All nuts and seeds are soaked overnight in filtered water